Henry Luce Foundation Grants – DUE: OpenAugust 20, 2018
Toyota Foundation Science & Education Grants – DUE: OpenAugust 25, 2018
The Fluid Power Action Challenge is a competition that challenges middle or high school students to solve an engineering problem using fluid power. The students work in teams to design and build a fluid power mechanism and then compete against other teams in a timed competition.
The Fluid Power Challenge has many benefits including:
- Actively engages students in learning about fluid power
- Gives support and resources to teachers for science and technology curriculum
- Creates a learning environment where math and science are fun
- Encourages students to practice teamwork, engineering, and problem-solving skills
- Introduces students to careers in the fluid power industry
The NFPA Education and Technology Foundation awards grants to middle and high schools to facilitate hydraulic and pneumatics instruction up to $500 per year.
Middle and high schools are invited to apply, on an annual basis to defray the costs related to the educational aspects of the Fluid Power Action Challenge Program—either for the fluid power kits for classroom use or for participation in the Fluid Power Action Challenge event.
To Apply Visit