Amount: Up to $5,000
Deadline: 10th of every other month starting January
Eligibility: must be in service area
Guidelines for U.S. and Canadian Organizations
- We provide program support only. (Libraries may apply for capital projects-see Restrictions for more information.)
- Kinder Morgan must have operations in the community served by the program. General location information is available on the About Us page. Contact us if you have questions.
- The program must benefit youth in grades K-12 only.
- Non profits, public schools and private schools may apply.
- In the United States, non profits and private schools must have 501(c)(3) designation from the Internal Revenue Service. (Not applicable to public schools.)
- In Canada, non profits and private schools must provide documentation that enables us to determine that the organization is the equivalent of a U.S. public charity. See How to Submit an Application for details. (Not applicable to public schools.)
- Academic programs, including tutoring
- Arts education programs
The following are not eligible for grants:
- Individual applicants or individual pursuits
- Political causes, candidates or lobbying efforts
- Programs or organizations outside the United States or Canada
- Operating expenses
- Capital projects (except libraries)
- Projects of religious denominations
- Service clubs, fraternal organizations or third-party fundraisers
- Travel for individuals or groups
- Conventions, conferences, seminars or other special events
- Mentoring, leadership, stewardship or other social development programs
- Programs that include age groups outside our K-12 criteria
Grant Amounts and Frequency
Our grants are between $1,000 and $5,000. We will not provide support more than once per calendar year to the same organization and we do not make multi-year commitments.
Deadlines and Review Process
Our deadlines are the 10th of every other month beginning in January. (We will accept applications postmarked on or before a deadline.) We will notify you of our board’s decision on your application 60 to 90 days after we receive it.
Reports and Other Mailings
Please send us a final or interim report only when re-applying for a grant. We do not require reports if you are not re-applying. Also, please do not add us to mailing lists for annual reports, announcements or invitations.
For more information visit: https://www.kindermorgan.com/pages/community/km_foundation_guidelines.aspx