The IGT After School Advantage (ASA) Program is our signature education program and flagship community involvement initiative. The program strives to close the “Digital Divide” for disadvantaged children who get left behind because they do not have the means to access computers in today’s increasingly digital society.
Its goal is to address the needs of underprivileged/at-risk children ages five to 18 with a meaningful, yet fun, learning experience during the critical after-school hours in a safe environment. It does this by providing qualifying non-profit community agencies and public schools with digital learning centers. Each digital learning center is unique in its design and specific to an organization’s custom needs.
Proposals are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Please be concise and use the After School Advantage Proposal Guidelines when constructing your proposal.
IGT After School Advantage Program Proposal Guidelines:
Proposals are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Please be concise and use the After School Advantage Proposal Guidelines below when constructing your proposal.
Include the following contact information:
Organization name, address, city, state, zip, fax, agency executive, contact person.
Required program criteria:
- Is your organization a non-profit 501(C)(3) community agency or public school?
- For jurisdictions outside of the United States, is your organization a registered charity with an applicable charitable tax code?
- Does your organization have an existing after school program in need of a digital learning center or a renovation of an existing center (existing technology in center must be more than five years old for a renovation)?
- Does your organization support underprivileged/at-risk youth of diverse backgrounds between the ages of five and 18? Please explain demographic
- Does your organization have staffing and monetary support systems in place to sustain the center once it is in place?
Include answers to the following organizational questions:
- What is the basic purpose of your charitable organization?
- What age group does your after school program serve?
- What days/hours is your after school program open?
- How many students are served by your after school program?
- How many desktops/laptops/tablets (if any) are currently being utilized by your after school program?
- What is the current student to desktop/laptop/tablet ratio?
- Please describe the technology currently used in your center?
- Please describe center staffing and their
- What is your organization’s vision for the center?
- Please describe the computer learning tools you feel are most appropriate (desktop or laptop environments, or a mixture of both offerings).
- Please describe your theft prevention plan for securing mobile technology if
- Please describe the security system in place for the building where the technology center will be
- What are some measurable performance indicators? How will the success of the program be evaluated?
- What is the frequency and level of detail for reporting to IGT on the program’s progress?
- Is there any financial and/or in-kind support available for the program other than IGT’s?
Attach the following items:
- Copy of IRS Exemption letter verifying 501c3 tax-exempt status.
- Copy of applicable charitable tax code for jurisdictions outside of the United
- Current operating budgets and sources of income.
- List of names and professional affiliations of directors and
- Latest audited financial report.
- Picture of the room(s) where the center(s) would be
After School Advantage Computer Center Guidelines
- The After School Advantage digital learning center will be used primarily to provide children aged five to 18 with a meaningful and enjoyable learning experience during after school hours.
- The After School Advantage digital learning center will be supported as any other valuable resource within the
- Efforts will be made to provide a well-organized technology-based educational environment in which children can learn basic computer skills and use these resources to complete educational
- The use of the After School Advantage digital learning center will be supervised to ensure it is not used for illegal, dangerous, or illicit
- The After School Advantage digital learning center should not be used primarily for the purpose of playing video games that have no educational