Vernier Technology Award – Due: 12/17/18September 15, 2018
What could a $1,000 grant do to upgrade your classroom?
Win a Grant of $1,000 When You Show Us How You Use Social Media in the Classroom
The Question: How are you using social media to enhance the learning experiences of your students?
There is so much opportunity for learning using social media. We can connect with others around the world to communicate and share perspectives more than ever before, and with that comes the added concerns of credibility.
What social media channels have you used to enhance your students’ learning environment? What have you taught your students regarding using social media for sharing information?
Essays must be:
- Written in English
- 3 pages, single spaced
- 1,000 words, maximum
Videos must be:
- In English
- 2-3 minutes long
All essays and videos must be submitted online using the submission form linked below.
How to Enter
Enter one of two ways:
- Write a 3-page, 800 to 1000 word essay.
- Create a 2-3-minute video in English.
Submit through the online form, uploading your essay or video in the appropriate format.
Whichever method you choose, make sure to tell us the ways in which you use social media to enhance the learning experience of your classroom.
Two winners will be chosen and receive a prize of $1,000 each to use in their classrooms. Maybe you’d like to bring a professional speaker in to teach about the values of social media. Perhaps you’d like to purchase a laptop for the class – or maybe a couple of tablets or a projector? As long as it advances studies in your classroom, it’s eligible for this grant.
- Write a 3-page, 800 to 1000 word essay or create a 2-3 minute video explaining how you’re using social media to enhance the learning experiences of your students.
- Fill out the submission form on this page by 11:59 pm EST on December 3rd, 2018. ENTRIES SUBMITTED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE.
- Check back in with us. The two winners will receive $1,000 each and must use these funds to purchase services or technology that aids in informing or building social media use in their classrooms. We’ll notify the winners by email and phone on or after December 7th, 2018.
Fill out the submission form no later than 11:59 pm EST on December 3, 2018. Late submissions will not be eligible to win.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ACTIVELY EMPLOYED FULL-TIME AS (1) A PROFESSOR AT AN ACCREDITED TWO-YEAR OR FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY OR IN AN ACCREDITED GRADUATE SCHOOL PROGRAM OR (2) A KINDERGARTEN-12TH GRADE TEACHER AT AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, MIDDLE SCHOOL, OR HIGH SCHOOL IN THE UNITED STATES. A PARTICIPATING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, MIDDLE SCHOOL OR HIGH SCHOOL MUST APPEAR IN THE NATIONAL CENTER FOR EDUCATION STATISTICS DATABASE (AVAILABLE AT HTTPS://NCES.ED.GOV/CCD/SCHOOLSEARCH/). APPLICANTS MUST ALSO INTEND TO CONTINUE TEACHING FULL-TIME THROUGHOUT THE 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR. ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE U.S. CITIZENS OR PERMANENT LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY VISIT THE WEBSITE AT: